- 1 What supplies are needed for RV camping?
- 2 What do you need for your first RV trip?
- 3 What Every RV should have?
- 4 Do you need hookups for RV camping?
- 5 Can you use regular toilet paper in an RV?
- 6 What toilet paper can I use in my RV?
- 7 Is Charmin safe for RV?
- 8 Is it OK to drive RV with propane on?
- 9 How much is a driving camper?
- 10 What is the best month to buy a RV?
- 11 What new RV owners should know?
- 12 Is Costco toilet paper RV safe?
- 13 How long can an RV go without a hookup?
- 14 Can you put a tent in an RV site?
- 15 How long can an RV go without being plugged in?
What supplies are needed for RV camping?
Essential RV Camping Supplies – Safety/First Aid
- Basic first aid kit – adhesive bandages. antiseptic wipes. tweezers. antibiotic ointment. insect repellant. sunscreen. aloe skin lotion. saline eye drops. gauze pads and white tape. daily and emergency medications.
- Battery-powered radio.
- Small kitchen fire extinguisher.
What do you need for your first RV trip?
RV and Camping Needs
- Flashlights and headlamps.
- Refillable water bottles.
- Clothes (be sensible)
- Sunscreen and insect repellant.
- Camping chairs.
- Deck of cards.
- Outdoor rug.
- Smart phone or tablet.
What Every RV should have?
RV Must Haves – The Essentials
- Drinking Hose. Be sure to have a clean and ready-to-use drinking hose ready to hook up to your fresh water tank.
- 2 (a). Surge Protector & EMS for 30 Amp.
- 2 (b). Surge Protector for 50 Amp.
- Sewer Hose.
- Clear Sewer Connector.
- Disposable Gloves.
- Leveling Blocks & Chocks.
Do you need hookups for RV camping?
Why do you need RV Hookups? RV hookups at campsites supply water, power, and waste dumping. An RV needs to be connected to these sites routinely to keep you moving on down (or off) the road. Each RV have different storage sizes for their auxiliaries.
Can you use regular toilet paper in an RV?
RV-friendly toilet paper is supposed to disintegrate quickly to avoid clogging up your sewage system or tank. The paper has been specially formulated for RV use and will always be safe to use. RV enthusiasts Russ and Tina DeMaris say they’ve found that most conventional toilet paper is perfectly fine for RV use.
What toilet paper can I use in my RV?
Scott Rapid-Dissolving Toilet Paper is specially made for use in RVs, boats, buses and similar applications. Our rapid dissolving bath tissue breaks down four times faster than the leading brand. Scott Rapid-Dissolving toilet paper is Clog Clinic tested and approved to be septic-safe and sewer-safe.
Is Charmin safe for RV?
Is Charmin toilet paper safe for RV? Yes, Some varieties of Charmin toilet paper are safe for RV use. Charmin Ultra Soft’s extreme softness results in rapid disintegration and Charmin Essentials Strong’s 1-ply TP dissolves with ease, but Charmin Ultra Strong is unsafe for RVs.
Is it OK to drive RV with propane on?
The fact of the matter is that there is no simple answer, and most RV owners run their propane while driving. However, leaving your propane on does expose you to some risks. A severed propane line in an accident can ignite in an instant, much easier than spilled gasoline or diesel can.
How much is a driving camper?
RVs can cost between $10,000 and $300,000 depending on the style and features. A moderately-appointed camper trailer pulled behind a truck might cost $20,000, while a fifth-wheel may be $40,000. Most motorhome prices usually start around $100,000.
What is the best month to buy a RV?
During October and November, sales nosedive, leading to some pretty good discounts. December and January are even slower, making them the best months for RV shopping. Things are still fairly slow in February too, but tend to pick back up sometime in March.
What new RV owners should know?
Here are a few tips for making sure your first camping trip in your new RV goes smoothly:
- Don’t travel too far. It’s best to plan your first trip fairly close to home.
- Make reservations.
- Avoid over-scheduling.
- Stay full on gas and propane.
- Check the weather.
Is Costco toilet paper RV safe?
Is Costco Toilet Paper RV Safe? Yes, Costco toilet paper will break down safely for an RV’s toilet, therefore it is safe to use in an RV. However, you should always use toilet paper sparingly to avoid plugging the system with larger clumps of toilet paper.
How long can an RV go without a hookup?
Many “professional” dry campers are able to last 10-14 days without refilling water or needing to dump their tanks. This may be longer than you ever plan to dry camp, but with practice, most could easily last three or four nights.
Can you put a tent in an RV site?
Tents: Tents are allowed in all of our RV hook-up sites! People: Each site can accommodate up to 8 people, of any age. Vehicles: Although your site may hold 3 vehicles, your reservation only covers 1 vehicle. Extra vehicles must pay use fees on arrival.
How long can an RV go without being plugged in?
When the RV is not plugged in, that electricity usually has to come from batteries. Under normal use conditions – lights, propane refrigerator, charging phones etc and water pump, a 12v battery will last 2-3 days.