- 1 What do I need for my first RV camping trip?
- 2 What supplies are needed for RV camping?
- 3 What should you not bring in an RV?
- 4 What should I pack for a 2 week RV trip?
- 5 Can you use regular toilet paper in an RV?
- 6 What toilet paper can I use in my RV?
- 7 How do you set up an RV for the first time?
- 8 What is a good app for RV travel?
- 9 What do I need in my new RV?
- 10 How do I stop Overpacking camping?
- 11 How do you pack an RV like a pro?
- 12 What do I need in my RV kitchen?
- 13 How do you pack clothes for an RV trip?
- 14 How do you pack an RV refrigerator?
- 15 How should I pack for a week long camping trip?
What do I need for my first RV camping trip?
The Checklist Every First Time RVer Needs
- Drinking Water Hose.
- Sewer Kit.
- Surge Protector.
- Electrical Adapters.
- Water Pressure Regulator.
- Tire Pressure Gauge.
- Duct Tape.
What supplies are needed for RV camping?
Essential RV Camping Supplies – Safety/First Aid
- Basic first aid kit – adhesive bandages. antiseptic wipes. tweezers. antibiotic ointment. insect repellant. sunscreen. aloe skin lotion. saline eye drops. gauze pads and white tape. daily and emergency medications.
- Battery-powered radio.
- Small kitchen fire extinguisher.
What should you not bring in an RV?
What Not To Pack For Your RV Vacation
- Canned food. Seriously, you’ll never eat all the emergency supplies you’re tempted to hoard in your RV.
- Electronic items. This includes laptops, tablets and video game consoles.
- Kitchen appliances. Keep your meals simple.
- Fresh water.
What should I pack for a 2 week RV trip?
- Underwear and socks: Enough for one week.
- T-shirts: At least 2 to 3 if you plan on using a Laundromat every few days.
- Hoodies/sweaters: For a cool climate, 2 to 3 hoodies or comfy sweaters.
- Sneakers: Not counting your go-to shoes, never bring more than one pair of spare footwear.
Can you use regular toilet paper in an RV?
RV-friendly toilet paper is supposed to disintegrate quickly to avoid clogging up your sewage system or tank. The paper has been specially formulated for RV use and will always be safe to use. RV enthusiasts Russ and Tina DeMaris say they’ve found that most conventional toilet paper is perfectly fine for RV use.
What toilet paper can I use in my RV?
Scott Rapid-Dissolving Toilet Paper is specially made for use in RVs, boats, buses and similar applications. Our rapid dissolving bath tissue breaks down four times faster than the leading brand. Scott Rapid-Dissolving toilet paper is Clog Clinic tested and approved to be septic-safe and sewer-safe.
How do you set up an RV for the first time?
First Time RV Setup. A Step-by-Step User’s Guide
- Pick a Site. The key to a successful camping trip is a good campsite.
- Hit the Brakes. No matter where you are, it’s always advised that you apply the parking break before you begin to set up your RV.
- Level the Ground.
- Support the RV.
- Hook it Up.
- Finishing Touches.
What is a good app for RV travel?
Top 20 RV Apps for 2020
- Togo RV (Apple iOS / Android)
- Trover (Apple iOS / Android)
- iExit (Apple iOS / Android)
- AllTrails (Apple iOS / Android)
- 7 Minute Workout (Apple iOS / Android)
- HappyCow (Apple iOS / Android)
- Roadtrippers (Apple iOS / Android)
- GasBuddy (Apple iOS / Android)
What do I need in my new RV?
While each RV will have different essentials, based on the type and it’s features, here’s a basic list of must-haves.
- Sewer hose.
- Fresh water hose.
- Leveling blocks.
- Wheel chocks.
- 15M/30F amp power adapter.
- RV septic-safe toilet paper.
- Water pressure regulator.
- RV cleaning items (wash, wax, ladder, bucket, sponge)
How do I stop Overpacking camping?
Another way to avoid overpacking is to give yourself the time you need to pack. (The alternative is to wait until the last minute.) This can cause you to feel rushed and tempted to just throw everything in and sort it out at camp. The other risk with this is that you can — and will — forget key items.
How do you pack an RV like a pro?
8 RV Packing Tips For Beginners
- Make a List of Necessary Items Based on Daily Activities.
- Safeguard Your Plans With The Dyrt PRO.
- Bring Some Entertainment.
- Plan Your Meals and Bring Food With You.
- Bring Basic Tools, But Don’t Over Do It.
- Dump Tanks Early and Often.
- Pack Light and Evenly.
- Leave The Breakables At Home.
What do I need in my RV kitchen?
RV Kitchen Staples
- Propane or Fuel.
- Lighter or Matches.
- Pots (small, medium and large)
- Pans (1 medium frying pan)
- Cast Iron Skillet or Dutch Oven.
- Pot Holder or Pot Grabber.
- Plates and Bowls.
- Drinking Glasses.
How do you pack clothes for an RV trip?
You’re going to want to pack as streamlined as possible and this means planning your wardrobe extra carefully! Clothes:
- Two short sleeve tops.
- Two long sleeve tops.
- Two additional tops.
- One pair of blue jeans.
- One pair of pull-on pants or leggings.
- One additional bottom.
- One dress, or a jumpsuit.
- One rain jacket.
How do you pack an RV refrigerator?
Space your food items evenly throughout the interior of the refrigerator, aim to put heavy items towards the bottom with lighter items hanging out around the top. This way if there is any shaking, rattling or rolling on your trip the heavy items are less likely the crush the lighter items.
How should I pack for a week long camping trip?
These are important items for your camping checklist:
- Tent (and footprint, stakes)
- Sleeping bags.
- Sleeping pads.
- Camping pillow.
- Headlamps or flashlights (and extra batteries)
- Camp chairs.
- Camp table (if no picnic table)
- Lantern (and mantles and fuel/batteries if needed)