- 1 What do I need for RV camping?
- 2 What should you not bring in an RV?
- 3 What food should I pack for an RV trip?
- 4 Can you use regular toilet paper in an RV?
- 5 What new RV owners should know?
- 6 What is RV friendly toilet paper?
- 7 How do you pack an RV like a pro?
- 8 How do I pack my first RV trip?
- 9 Is Charmin safe for RV?
- 10 How do I keep my RV fridge cold while traveling?
- 11 Can you cook in a moving RV?
- 12 Should you poop in your RV?
- 13 Can you use Costco toilet paper in an RV?
- 14 Can you put bleach in RV toilet?
What do I need for RV camping?
Essential RV Camping Supplies – Safety/First Aid
- Basic first aid kit – adhesive bandages. antiseptic wipes. tweezers. antibiotic ointment. insect repellant. sunscreen. aloe skin lotion. saline eye drops. gauze pads and white tape. daily and emergency medications.
- Battery-powered radio.
- Small kitchen fire extinguisher.
What should you not bring in an RV?
What Not To Pack For Your RV Vacation
- Canned food. Seriously, you’ll never eat all the emergency supplies you’re tempted to hoard in your RV.
- Electronic items. This includes laptops, tablets and video game consoles.
- Kitchen appliances. Keep your meals simple.
- Fresh water.
What food should I pack for an RV trip?
What to bring when RV camping
- Catch-All Spices.
- Trail Mix, Nuts, Bars, Beef Jerky and Dried Fruit.
- Instant cup of soup and Pasta meals.
- Instant Coffee Pack and Tea Bags.
- Sandwich making foods.
- Pre-cut frozen fruit and fresh veggies.
Can you use regular toilet paper in an RV?
RV-friendly toilet paper is supposed to disintegrate quickly to avoid clogging up your sewage system or tank. The paper has been specially formulated for RV use and will always be safe to use. RV enthusiasts Russ and Tina DeMaris say they’ve found that most conventional toilet paper is perfectly fine for RV use.
What new RV owners should know?
Here are a few tips for making sure your first camping trip in your new RV goes smoothly:
- Don’t travel too far. It’s best to plan your first trip fairly close to home.
- Make reservations.
- Avoid over-scheduling.
- Stay full on gas and propane.
- Check the weather.
What is RV friendly toilet paper?
Scott Rapid-Dissolving Toilet Paper is specially made for use in RVs, boats, buses and similar applications. Our rapid dissolving bath tissue breaks down four times faster than the leading brand. Scott Rapid-Dissolving toilet paper is Clog Clinic tested and approved to be septic-safe and sewer-safe.
How do you pack an RV like a pro?
8 RV Packing Tips For Beginners
- Make a List of Necessary Items Based on Daily Activities.
- Safeguard Your Plans With The Dyrt PRO.
- Bring Some Entertainment.
- Plan Your Meals and Bring Food With You.
- Bring Basic Tools, But Don’t Over Do It.
- Dump Tanks Early and Often.
- Pack Light and Evenly.
- Leave The Breakables At Home.
How do I pack my first RV trip?
RV and Camping Needs
- Flashlights and headlamps.
- Refillable water bottles.
- Clothes (be sensible)
- Sunscreen and insect repellant.
- Camping chairs.
- Deck of cards.
- Outdoor rug.
- Smart phone or tablet.
Is Charmin safe for RV?
Is Charmin toilet paper safe for RV? Yes, Some varieties of Charmin toilet paper are safe for RV use. Charmin Ultra Soft’s extreme softness results in rapid disintegration and Charmin Essentials Strong’s 1-ply TP dissolves with ease, but Charmin Ultra Strong is unsafe for RVs.
How do I keep my RV fridge cold while traveling?
You can help your fridge hold its temperature throughout the drive by getting it as cold as possible before taking off. Set the thermostat as low as it can go and fill any empty space with ice-cold beverages, freezer packs, or bags of ice – the colder the better!
Can you cook in a moving RV?
Yes, you can cook in an RV and enjoy all of your favorite meals. However, when an RV is on the move, all passengers should be seated and wearing their seat belts. Even if you choose to walk around a motorhome while it’s on the move, you definitely should not be cooking at that time.
Should you poop in your RV?
Key Points: You CAN poop in an RV toilet, contrary to many opinions out there. Lots of water is very important when adding solid waste to your holding tanks.
Can you use Costco toilet paper in an RV?
Is Costco Toilet Paper RV Safe? Yes, Costco toilet paper will break down safely for an RV’s toilet, therefore it is safe to use in an RV. However, you should always use toilet paper sparingly to avoid plugging the system with larger clumps of toilet paper.
Can you put bleach in RV toilet?
No, you should not pour bleach down your RV toilet. Bleach has chlorine inside of it and chlorine is not good on a lot of materials, including plastic holding tanks. Besides damaging your tank and possible dumping system, bleach can ruin gaskets.