- 1 What should I pack for an overnight rafting trip?
- 2 What should I pack for a river trip?
- 3 What do you wear on a raft trip?
- 4 How do you pack a float trip overnight?
- 5 What do I need for a 2 day float trip?
- 6 How do you prepare for rafting?
- 7 Can I wear flip flops tubing?
- 8 How much water should you bring on a river trip?
- 9 What do I need for a one day float trip?
- 10 Are Crocs good for white water rafting?
- 11 What do I need to know before rafting?
- 12 What shoes do you wear rafting?
- 13 How do float trips work?
- 14 How do you do a float trip?
- 15 How do you plan a river float?
What should I pack for an overnight rafting trip?
Packing List for Overnight Rafting Trip
- Clothes to paddle in.
- Long pants.
- Long-sleeved shirt.
- Light or fleece jacket.
- Swimming suit.
What should I pack for a river trip?
What Should I Pack for a River Trip?
- River Shoes.
- Camp Flip-Flops and/or Booties.
- Sunscreen & Other Sun Protection.
- Drinking Water.
- Emergency Food.
- Other Safety & Repair Essentials.
What do you wear on a raft trip?
In summary, here is a list of what to wear and bring on your whitewater rafting day excursion:
- Bathing suit.
- Synthetic T-shirt and shorts.
- Sport shoes.
- Water bottle.
- Sunglasses with straps.
- Change of clothes.
How do you pack a float trip overnight?
- Tent / Bivy.
- Sleeping Bag.
- Sleeping Pad.
- Large Drybags (enough to fit all your stuff)
- Camp Chairs.
- Headlamp / flashlight.
- Camp clothes (2+ full sets, cotton discouraged)
- Thermal wear / Jackets / Fleece.
What do I need for a 2 day float trip?
Packing for a Rafting Trip – What to Bring
- Good River Shoes. The cheap slip-on things and flip-flops just don’t cut it when it comes to walking on slippery river rocks.
- Extra Plastic Bag for Wet Clothes.
- Emergen-C (or whatever you use to boost your immune system)
- Camp ‘Slippers’
- Small Ground Blanket.
How do you prepare for rafting?
10 Whitewater Rafting Safety Tips
- Choose a licensed and professional rafting outfitter.
- Always wear a life jacket, or personal flotation device (PFD).
- Be safe and comfortable.
- Make sure you have the right outerwear for the day.
- Hold the paddle properly.
- Stay in the boat!
- Know the proper swimming techniques.
Can I wear flip flops tubing?
Water socks and Aqua shoes are specially made for use in lakes or rivers. They protect your feet from rocky riverbeds, and some people just find them more comfortable than bare feet. Flip-flops don’ t work as well because they fall off your feet too easily and get lost.
How much water should you bring on a river trip?
1 gallon per day per person is the standard rule of thumb and will leave you with extra.
What do I need for a one day float trip?
Float Trip Gear Checklist
- Flotation devices (lifejackets)
- First-aid kid adequate for multi-day trip and limited accessibility.
- Repair kit.
- Air pump.
- Enough layers to stay warm and dry on the boat and in camp.
- Bug spray/headnet.
- Dry suit or wet suit for cold whitewater rivers (it can save you if you flip)
Are Crocs good for white water rafting?
Inappropriate Shoes If you pick the right shoes, they’ll stay on your feet. Inappropriate shoes to wear when white water rafting include flip flops, crocs, high heels, and cowboy boots.
What do I need to know before rafting?
13 White Water Rafting Beginner Tips
- Book Early.
- Consider Everyone in Your Group.
- Pick a Professional, Licensed Outfitter.
- Wear a Life Jacket and Helmet at All Times.
- Hold Your Paddle Correctly.
- Be Familiar With Proper Swimming Techniques.
- Listen to Your Guide.
- Don’t Bring Too Many Electronics.
What shoes do you wear rafting?
A: Closed-toe athletic training shoes, running shoes, or water shoes are the best choice for most river rafting trips. Whitewater-specific shoes are nice—but not necessary for Timberline trips. In cold temperatures or on high-intensity sections of whitewater, neoprene booties with rugged soles are often worn.
How do float trips work?
For the uninitiated, it is the act of cruising down a slow moving river by way of canoe, kayak, raft, or tube. A trip normally involves friends and family, a few adult beverages, and a relaxing atmosphere. In fact, the goal for some is to paddle as little as possible.
How do you do a float trip?
How to Plan the Perfect Overnight Float Trip
- Choose the Right Canoe or Kayak. Ascend DC14 Canoe.
- Streamline Your Camping Gear.
- Pack Accordingly for Going Off the Grid.
- Prepare Your Float Route & Check Conditions.
- Take Your Time & Enjoy.
How do you plan a river float?
Tips for Floating the River
- DO: Get everything included when possible.
- Do: Bring floatable sunglasses.
- Do: Pack light – and pack your trash out.
- Do: Bring food.
- Do: Waterproof case your phone or leave it.
- Do: Bring a water bottle & drink more than you think you need.
- Do: Have protection from the sun.