- 1 What should you not bring in an RV?
- 2 What do I need for my camper?
- 3 What toilet paper can I use in my RV?
- 4 How do I pack my first RV trip?
- 5 Can you use regular toilet paper in an RV?
- 6 What should I stock my camper with?
- 7 What do I need in my RV kitchen?
- 8 Should you poop in your RV?
- 9 Is Charmin safe for RV?
- 10 Is Angel Soft safe for campers?
- 11 How do you pack an RV like a pro?
- 12 What new RV owners should know?
- 13 How do you pack clothes for an RV trip?
What should you not bring in an RV?
What Not To Pack For Your RV Vacation
- Canned food. Seriously, you’ll never eat all the emergency supplies you’re tempted to hoard in your RV.
- Electronic items. This includes laptops, tablets and video game consoles.
- Kitchen appliances. Keep your meals simple.
- Fresh water.
What do I need for my camper?
Basic Needs for RV Camping
- Potable Water Hose. Image via amazon.com.
- Extra Potable Water. Even if you routinely camp in resorts with hookups, it’s always a good idea to keep extra drinkable water aboard.
- Leveling Blocks. Image via amazon.com.
- Sewer Hose & Supports.
- RV Toilet Chemicals.
- RV-Friendly Toilet Paper.
- Emergency Kit.
What toilet paper can I use in my RV?
Scott Rapid-Dissolving Toilet Paper is specially made for use in RVs, boats, buses and similar applications. Our rapid dissolving bath tissue breaks down four times faster than the leading brand. Scott Rapid-Dissolving toilet paper is Clog Clinic tested and approved to be septic-safe and sewer-safe.
How do I pack my first RV trip?
RV and Camping Needs
- Flashlights and headlamps.
- Refillable water bottles.
- Clothes (be sensible)
- Sunscreen and insect repellant.
- Camping chairs.
- Deck of cards.
- Outdoor rug.
- Smart phone or tablet.
Can you use regular toilet paper in an RV?
RV-friendly toilet paper is supposed to disintegrate quickly to avoid clogging up your sewage system or tank. The paper has been specially formulated for RV use and will always be safe to use. RV enthusiasts Russ and Tina DeMaris say they’ve found that most conventional toilet paper is perfectly fine for RV use.
What should I stock my camper with?
Consider stocking the following:
- Nesting bowls.
- Cutting board & quality knife set.
- Cooking utensils (spoons, ladle, tongs, peeler, whisk, etc.)
- Collapsible colander.
- Measuring cups & spoons.
- Pots, skillets & baking wares.
What do I need in my RV kitchen?
RV Kitchen Staples
- Propane or Fuel.
- Lighter or Matches.
- Pots (small, medium and large)
- Pans (1 medium frying pan)
- Cast Iron Skillet or Dutch Oven.
- Pot Holder or Pot Grabber.
- Plates and Bowls.
- Drinking Glasses.
Should you poop in your RV?
Key Points: You CAN poop in an RV toilet, contrary to many opinions out there. Lots of water is very important when adding solid waste to your holding tanks.
Is Charmin safe for RV?
Is Charmin toilet paper safe for RV? Yes, Some varieties of Charmin toilet paper are safe for RV use. Charmin Ultra Soft’s extreme softness results in rapid disintegration and Charmin Essentials Strong’s 1-ply TP dissolves with ease, but Charmin Ultra Strong is unsafe for RVs.
Is Angel Soft safe for campers?
You can’t just buy any TP for your RV. Angel Soft won’t do – not unless you want to have a huge clog on your hands. RV compatible TP is environmentally friendly, septic-safe, and rapidly dissolves in your holding tank. Regular toilet paper takes a long time to dissolve and is none of the above.
How do you pack an RV like a pro?
8 RV Packing Tips For Beginners
- Make a List of Necessary Items Based on Daily Activities.
- Safeguard Your Plans With The Dyrt PRO.
- Bring Some Entertainment.
- Plan Your Meals and Bring Food With You.
- Bring Basic Tools, But Don’t Over Do It.
- Dump Tanks Early and Often.
- Pack Light and Evenly.
- Leave The Breakables At Home.
What new RV owners should know?
Here are a few tips for making sure your first camping trip in your new RV goes smoothly:
- Don’t travel too far. It’s best to plan your first trip fairly close to home.
- Make reservations.
- Avoid over-scheduling.
- Stay full on gas and propane.
- Check the weather.
How do you pack clothes for an RV trip?
The RV is rented, you’ve planned your route, and now you just need to pack the most important things—your clothes! Clothes:
- Two short sleeve tops.
- Two long sleeve tops.
- Two additional tops.
- One pair of blue jeans.
- One pair of pull-on pants or leggings.
- One additional bottom.
- One dress, or a jumpsuit.
- One rain jacket.