- 1 What do I need to buy to go camping in my travel trailer?
- 2 What do you need for first time RV camping?
- 3 What do I need after buying a travel trailer?
- 4 What do I need for my camper?
- 5 What are the 4 most important things to bring when you go camping?
- 6 Can you use regular toilet paper in an RV?
- 7 What toilet paper can I use in my RV?
- 8 What do first time Rvers need to know?
- 9 How do you pack an RV like a pro?
- 10 What is the best RV toilet chemical?
- 11 Do new travel trailers come with hoses?
- 12 Can I use a garden hose for my RV?
- 13 How do I keep mice out of my camper?
- 14 How does a converter work in a camper?
What do I need to buy to go camping in my travel trailer?
Essential RV Camping Supplies – Miscellaneous
- These are the things you’ll wish you’d packed!
- Duct tape.
- Small tool kit with screwdrivers, hammer, wrenches.
- Jumper cables.
- Bungee cords with hooks.
- Extra batteries.
- Cellphone chargers.
- Lanterns – battery or gas.
What do you need for first time RV camping?
RV and Camping Needs
- Flashlights and headlamps.
- Refillable water bottles.
- Clothes (be sensible)
- Sunscreen and insect repellant.
- Camping chairs.
- Deck of cards.
- Outdoor rug.
- Smart phone or tablet.
What do I need after buying a travel trailer?
While each RV will have different essentials, based on the type and it’s features, here’s a basic list of must-haves.
- Sewer hose.
- Fresh water hose.
- Leveling blocks.
- Wheel chocks.
- 15M/30F amp power adapter.
- RV septic-safe toilet paper.
- Water pressure regulator.
- RV cleaning items (wash, wax, ladder, bucket, sponge)
What do I need for my camper?
Basic Needs for RV Camping
- Potable Water Hose. Image via amazon.com.
- Extra Potable Water. Even if you routinely camp in resorts with hookups, it’s always a good idea to keep extra drinkable water aboard.
- Leveling Blocks. Image via amazon.com.
- Sewer Hose & Supports.
- RV Toilet Chemicals.
- RV-Friendly Toilet Paper.
- Emergency Kit.
What are the 4 most important things to bring when you go camping?
These are important items for your camping checklist:
- Tent (and footprint, stakes)
- Sleeping bags.
- Sleeping pads.
- Camping pillow.
- Headlamps or flashlights (and extra batteries)
- Camp chairs.
- Camp table (if no picnic table)
- Lantern (and mantles and fuel/batteries if needed)
Can you use regular toilet paper in an RV?
RV-friendly toilet paper is supposed to disintegrate quickly to avoid clogging up your sewage system or tank. The paper has been specially formulated for RV use and will always be safe to use. RV enthusiasts Russ and Tina DeMaris say they’ve found that most conventional toilet paper is perfectly fine for RV use.
What toilet paper can I use in my RV?
Scott Rapid-Dissolving Toilet Paper is specially made for use in RVs, boats, buses and similar applications. Our rapid dissolving bath tissue breaks down four times faster than the leading brand. Scott Rapid-Dissolving toilet paper is Clog Clinic tested and approved to be septic-safe and sewer-safe.
What do first time Rvers need to know?
RVing for the first time? 8 tips for newbies I wish I’d known during my first trip
- Don’t get poop on yourself.
- Remember your toolkit.
- Pack sufficient cookware.
- Use leveling blocks.
- Get into your campground before dark.
- Download camping apps.
- Use RV toilet essentials.
- Wake up early, watch the sunrise, take a nap.
How do you pack an RV like a pro?
8 RV Packing Tips For Beginners
- Make a List of Necessary Items Based on Daily Activities.
- Safeguard Your Plans With The Dyrt PRO.
- Bring Some Entertainment.
- Plan Your Meals and Bring Food With You.
- Bring Basic Tools, But Don’t Over Do It.
- Dump Tanks Early and Often.
- Pack Light and Evenly.
- Leave The Breakables At Home.
What is the best RV toilet chemical?
RV Holding Tank Treatment Reviews
- Best Overall: Walex Porta-Pak Holding Tank Deodorizer.
- Best Budget: Camco Ultra-Concentrated RV Toilet Treatment Drop-Ins.
- Best Big Tanks: Happy Campers Organic RV Holding Tank Treatment.
- Best Eco-Friendly: Thetford Eco-Smart Tank Holding Deodorant.
Do new travel trailers come with hoses?
Most RV dealers will include a courtesy starter kit with any new RV they sell. It included a white potable water hose, water pressure regulator, 1 roll of RV toilet paper, and an introductory supply of black water odor control chemicals.
Can I use a garden hose for my RV?
Can I use a garden hose for my RV? Remember our first rule of thumb above: NO! Your general green garden hose is not safe to drink from. They release heavy metals and other toxic substances into the water that can make us humans sick.
How do I keep mice out of my camper?
Many campers swear by homemade mouse repellents to keep the rodents at bay. Cotton balls soaked in peppermint oil placed in the openings around the camper is one tried-and-true method, as well as placing Irish spring soap, dryer sheets, or moth balls at possible points of entry.
How does a converter work in a camper?
When you plug your RV into an electrical source, or when you use the onboard generator, the converters job is to reduce 120 volts AC down to 12 volt DC to supply power to all of the 12 volt appliances and accessories in the RV. The converter basically prevents your RV battery(s) from draining when you’re plugged in.