- 1 What do I need for the river?
- 2 How much water should you bring on a river trip?
- 3 What do I need for river rafting?
- 4 What should I wear on a river trip?
- 5 What do I need for a 2 day float trip?
- 6 Can I wear flip flops tubing?
- 7 Do I need a river knife?
- 8 What do I need for a one day float trip?
- 9 How much water should you drink while kayaking?
- 10 Are Crocs good for white water rafting?
- 11 Can you bring a backpack white water rafting?
- 12 What shoes do you wear for river rafting?
- 13 Should you wear shoes in a river?
- 14 What shoes do you wear to the river?
- 15 Is polyester good for river rafting?
What do I need for the river?
Kitchen / Food List
- 50 Gal water (based on.75 gal per person per day)
- Food (ideally prepared) for at least one more day than you need.
- Snacks for on river (don’t forget the jerky)
- Water bottles.
- Backpacking pots and pans, kettle, hot pads.
- Cutting board.
- 2 burner stove + 1 small stove.
- Fuel for stoves.
How much water should you bring on a river trip?
1 gallon per day per person is the standard rule of thumb and will leave you with extra.
What do I need for river rafting?
What to Bring
- Quick dry shorts/bathing suit.
- Synthetic shirt for warmth and sun protection.
- Sturdy footwear – sandals with straps (no flip-flops), sneakers, wetsuit boots.
- Hat with brim to protect face from sun.
- Sunglasses with retainer strap.
- Avoid all cotton clothing, as cotton gets cold when wet…
What should I wear on a river trip?
How to Dress for a River Trip + River Fashion
- Dresses, Tank tops, Shorts & Skirts are Great Warm-Weather Options for Camp.
- Swimsuits for Men & Women with Quick-Drying Shorts & Shirts for Hot Days.
- Lightweight, Long-sleeves Paired with Shorts for Sunny Days.
What do I need for a 2 day float trip?
Packing for a Rafting Trip – What to Bring
- Good River Shoes. The cheap slip-on things and flip-flops just don’t cut it when it comes to walking on slippery river rocks.
- Extra Plastic Bag for Wet Clothes.
- Emergen-C (or whatever you use to boost your immune system)
- Camp ‘Slippers’
- Small Ground Blanket.
Can I wear flip flops tubing?
Water socks and Aqua shoes are specially made for use in lakes or rivers. They protect your feet from rocky riverbeds, and some people just find them more comfortable than bare feet. Flip-flops don’ t work as well because they fall off your feet too easily and get lost.
Do I need a river knife?
It’s important for whitewater paddlers to carry a river knife whenever they’re in moving water – whether it’s for kayaking, canoeing, or rafting. A high quality river rescue knife ensures that people do not get, among other things, tangled in ropes when performing a rescue in moving water.
What do I need for a one day float trip?
Float Trip Gear Checklist
- Flotation devices (lifejackets)
- First-aid kid adequate for multi-day trip and limited accessibility.
- Repair kit.
- Air pump.
- Enough layers to stay warm and dry on the boat and in camp.
- Bug spray/headnet.
- Dry suit or wet suit for cold whitewater rivers (it can save you if you flip)
How much water should you drink while kayaking?
As a general rule of thumb, I recommend carrying at least 1L of water anytime you plan to spend a minimum of 50 minutes paddling. Doing so ensures you have something to quench your thirst and prevent your body from becoming dehydrated. By remaining hydrated, you’ll have more energy and will be more alert on the water.
Are Crocs good for white water rafting?
Inappropriate Shoes If you pick the right shoes, they’ll stay on your feet. Inappropriate shoes to wear when white water rafting include flip flops, crocs, high heels, and cowboy boots.
Can you bring a backpack white water rafting?
We can provide guests with two waterproof bags to carry all their gear. This includes a 16″ × 2′ bag for sleeping gear and clothes, as well as a smaller day bag to access on the raft during the floats.
What shoes do you wear for river rafting?
A: Closed-toe athletic training shoes, running shoes, or water shoes are the best choice for most river rafting trips. Whitewater-specific shoes are nice—but not necessary for Timberline trips. In cold temperatures or on high-intensity sections of whitewater, neoprene booties with rugged soles are often worn.
Should you wear shoes in a river?
Secondly, if you’re in the water, shoes are SUPER important for keeping your feet uninjured. My favorite choice are Chacos, but Teva’s, Keen’s, or any old pair of athletic shoes work just fine. Classic Chacos are river guides top choice, and they can get you some pretty sweet Z-tans!
What shoes do you wear to the river?
Best Shoes and Sandals for River Rafting Trips
- Astral Rassler Shoes.
- Chaco Sandals.
- KEEN Sandals.
- Bedrock Sandals.
- Blundstone Boots.
- Croc Sandals.
Is polyester good for river rafting?
Most rafting experts will tell you that cotton clothing has a tendency to get wet and stay wet. That’s why it’s important to wear materials like wool, fleece, polyester, or any waterproof or quick drying fabric.