- 1 What should you not pack in your RV?
- 2 How do you pack clothes for an RV trip?
- 3 How do I pack my first RV trip?
- 4 How do you pack an RV like a pro?
- 5 How do I keep my RV fridge cold while traveling?
- 6 How should I pack for a week long camping trip?
- 7 What is RV friendly toilet paper?
- 8 Can you use regular toilet paper in an RV?
- 9 What new RV owners should know?
- 10 Do you need wheel chocks for a motorhome?
- 11 What should I put in my RV kitchen?
- 12 What do you need in a motorhome?
- 13 What should I pack for a 2 week RV trip?
What should you not pack in your RV?
What Not To Pack For Your RV Vacation
- Canned food. Seriously, you’ll never eat all the emergency supplies you’re tempted to hoard in your RV.
- Electronic items. This includes laptops, tablets and video game consoles.
- Kitchen appliances. Keep your meals simple.
- Fresh water.
How do you pack clothes for an RV trip?
You’re going to want to pack as streamlined as possible and this means planning your wardrobe extra carefully! Clothes:
- Two short sleeve tops.
- Two long sleeve tops.
- Two additional tops.
- One pair of blue jeans.
- One pair of pull-on pants or leggings.
- One additional bottom.
- One dress, or a jumpsuit.
- One rain jacket.
How do I pack my first RV trip?
RV and Camping Needs
- Flashlights and headlamps.
- Refillable water bottles.
- Clothes (be sensible)
- Sunscreen and insect repellant.
- Camping chairs.
- Deck of cards.
- Outdoor rug.
- Smart phone or tablet.
How do you pack an RV like a pro?
8 RV Packing Tips For Beginners
- Make a List of Necessary Items Based on Daily Activities.
- Safeguard Your Plans With The Dyrt PRO.
- Bring Some Entertainment.
- Plan Your Meals and Bring Food With You.
- Bring Basic Tools, But Don’t Over Do It.
- Dump Tanks Early and Often.
- Pack Light and Evenly.
- Leave The Breakables At Home.
How do I keep my RV fridge cold while traveling?
You can help your fridge hold its temperature throughout the drive by getting it as cold as possible before taking off. Set the thermostat as low as it can go and fill any empty space with ice-cold beverages, freezer packs, or bags of ice – the colder the better!
How should I pack for a week long camping trip?
These are important items for your camping checklist:
- Tent (and footprint, stakes)
- Sleeping bags.
- Sleeping pads.
- Camping pillow.
- Headlamps or flashlights (and extra batteries)
- Camp chairs.
- Camp table (if no picnic table)
- Lantern (and mantles and fuel/batteries if needed)
What is RV friendly toilet paper?
Scott Rapid-Dissolving Toilet Paper is specially made for use in RVs, boats, buses and similar applications. Our rapid dissolving bath tissue breaks down four times faster than the leading brand. Scott Rapid-Dissolving toilet paper is Clog Clinic tested and approved to be septic-safe and sewer-safe.
Can you use regular toilet paper in an RV?
RV-friendly toilet paper is supposed to disintegrate quickly to avoid clogging up your sewage system or tank. The paper has been specially formulated for RV use and will always be safe to use. RV enthusiasts Russ and Tina DeMaris say they’ve found that most conventional toilet paper is perfectly fine for RV use.
What new RV owners should know?
Here are a few tips for making sure your first camping trip in your new RV goes smoothly:
- Don’t travel too far. It’s best to plan your first trip fairly close to home.
- Make reservations.
- Avoid over-scheduling.
- Stay full on gas and propane.
- Check the weather.
Do you need wheel chocks for a motorhome?
Wheel chocks are necessary for your RV or travel trailer to keep them from rolling away. Parking brakes work well to keep your rig stable, but they are not reliable on their own. RV wheel chocks are sturdy wedges that fit right under your tires.
What should I put in my RV kitchen?
RV Kitchen Staples
- Propane or Fuel.
- Lighter or Matches.
- Pots (small, medium and large)
- Pans (1 medium frying pan)
- Cast Iron Skillet or Dutch Oven.
- Pot Holder or Pot Grabber.
- Plates and Bowls.
- Drinking Glasses.
What do you need in a motorhome?
Don’t forget to grab your free motorhome checklist below to help keep you organised.
- Toilet Paper & Toilet chemicals.
- Bedding & mattress topper.
- Essential motorhome accessories- Plates and cutlery.
What should I pack for a 2 week RV trip?
- Underwear and socks: Enough for one week.
- T-shirts: At least 2 to 3 if you plan on using a Laundromat every few days.
- Hoodies/sweaters: For a cool climate, 2 to 3 hoodies or comfy sweaters.
- Sneakers: Not counting your go-to shoes, never bring more than one pair of spare footwear.